Located in the north central area of the state the Illinois Valley Fuller Center will be serving Peoria, Tazewell and Woodford counties in Illinois, known as the Tri-County area. Their primary focus will be to help low income families and veterans with critical repairs. They will be joining forces with other local non profits to help improve the existing housing stock not only for existing homeowners but to help families with vacant properties that might be available. The Fuller Center assists Central Illinois Veterans with basic home repairs, spring and fall yard cleanups, furnace safety checks and recognition.
- Yard cleanups
- Home repairs
- Working concession stand at Peoria Civic Center events
- Fundraising assistance
- April: Spring Yard Clean ups
- 1st Saturday in April: Flapjack Fundraiser, Applebees, War Memorial Drive
- Memorial Day: Springdale Salute 5K run/walk, Springdale Cemetery
- November: Fall Yard Clean ups
- November 1-11: Joining Hands to Thank Veterans
- 1st Saturday November: Pasta for Patriots, Elks Club, #1 Elks Drive
- Board and committee members
- Volunteers are needed to help with home repair projects and yard cleanups.
- Financial support-donations may be sent to Illinois Valley Fuller Center for Housing, 1716 N. University Ave., Peoria, IL 61604. Illinois Valley Fuller Center for Housing is a 501c3 non-profit and donations are tax deductible.
Bicycle Adventurers repair home in which World War II veteran’s widow has lived for 64 years
Organization on a mission to aid central Illinois veterans with home repairs
East Peoria family receives help from Illinois Valley Fuller Center for Housing
TV station, other media outlets highlight “Joining Hands to Thank Veterans”