The Fuller Center for Housing’s partners on the ground in Nigeria are currently seeking a talented volunteer to work in their communications department. The Millard Fuller Foundation Nigeria is a separate entity from The Fuller Center for Housing but often works in partnership with The Fuller Center in the village of Luvu, just outside of Abuja.
Key responsibilities for this volunteer position include:
- Generating ideas for stories
- Researching and interviewing beneficiaries and others
- Developing, managing, updating and creating content for the organization’s newsletter, website and social media accounts
- Compiling and distributing weekly electronic news summaries
- Helping to build and manage a database for the dissemination of weekly, monthly and quarterly information
- General administrative duties
A background in journalism, English, media students or other relevant courses is preferred, along with experience gained by freelance work, writing for magazines or student newspapers. writing competitions or volunteer work. Graphic design ability would be considered a major plus, as would the ability to develop and/or manage websites.
This is a 40-hour-a-week, Monday through Friday position that will last 6 to 12 months. Accommodation will be a single room with or connected to a host family. A monthly stipend will be paid to cover basic living costs, and air transportation to and from the United States will be provided.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to Sam Odia, Chief Executive Director of the Millard Fuller Foundation Nigeria at firstname.lastname@example.org.