Faith in Action
The Fuller Center is a partnering ministry with Faith in Action, a four-week campaign that challenges church congregations to volunteer on Sundays with the bold slogan, "Don’t go to church, be the church."
The National Faith in Action campaign consists of
- 29 daily devotionals
- 4 weeks of small groups
- 4 sermons/services
- 1 cancelled worship service, replaced by a day of community service—all wrapped up with an evening celebration.
This year, the national day of service will take place on Sunday, October 13. Participating congregations can spend their day of action volunteering with the Fuller Center to repair a local family’s home. At the Fuller Center we extend the event to the entire weekend so we can accomodate more churches and take on more projects.
Here are some resources to aid congregations who want to give Faith in Action Sunday a try:
Faith in Action Bulletin Insert – Litany, devotional and explanation for FIA Sunday
Sermons – Click here for sermons given by Derek Vreeland leading up to his congregation’s participation in FIA Sunday.
- Americus Mennonite Fellowship
- Cornerstone Church
- One pastor blogs about why he chose to take part in Faith in Action
- Find a covenant partner in your area to volunteer with.
- No Fuller Center near you? No problem. Click here to find out how to get your church involved as a Faith Builder–whether or not there’s a Fuller Center in your area!
- In Americus, Ga. 23 local ministries were represented over the Faith in Action weekend (10-10-10). Find out more about their effort to repair homes with the Americus-Sumter Fuller Center. Check out a blog about the effort here.