Bicycle Adventure announces 2022 routes — including a few firsts
The 2022 Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure officially opens registration for its 2022 rides in three weeks — on Saturday, October 15, but those interested in rides can begin making plans today as the Adventure officially announced its routes for 2022.
The routes are:
- January’s annual Tour de Florida, which takes riders 400 miles in a little over a week from Central Florida to Key West
- The inaugural Gulf Coast ride, in which cyclists will cover 700 miles over three weeks (Feb. 25-March 13) from Laguna Beach, Fla., to Galveston, Texas, with three build days included
- The big ride is the 4,000-mile cross-country Adventure, starting in Seaside, Ore., on May 20. The ride will cover northern states and touch all five Great Lakes for the first time. There will be seven build days, and spectacular sites include Glacier National Park and Niagara Falls. The ride ends in Portland, Maine, on July 31.
- Another new route is the four-week, 1,750-mile Underground Railroad route beginning May 27 in Slidell, La., and concluding June 26 in Cleveland, Ohio. Riders familiar with our Natchez Trace Trail experiences will find 190 miles of this route quite familiar as part of the Trace is included.
- Lastly, speaking of the Natchez Trace, that ride will again be in the fall, taking riders from Nashville, Tenn., to Jackson, Miss.
The Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure was founded in 2008 as a way to raise awareness about The Fuller Center for Housing’s ministry and funds to help the ministry build and repair homes. To date, the Adventure has raised nearly $3.5 million to help families have simple, decent places to live.