5 Loaves and 2 Fishes: A new Faith Builders campaign
|Thanks for your interest in the newest initiative of the Faith Builders program, 5 Loaves and 2 Fishes. Explore below to learn how to get involved…|
The Fuller Center plans to engage 500 churches to repair two homes each for 1,000 families in need…
The winds of Hurricane Ike brought a tree down on 88-year-old Ms. Alice’s house. Like the self-sufficient woman she had always been, Ms. Alice saw a problem and knew it needed fixing, so she called a tree-removal company.
“It cost me 80 dollars to get that tree off this house,” Ms. Alice said. And that was all she could afford.
The Tallahassee Fuller Center contacted a team of volunteers from The United Church of Tallahassee, who spent several Saturdays in a row in the middle of the summer fixing Ms. Alice’s roof.
Now–though a stroke severly limited her mobility–Ms. Alice wants to find a job so she can help others like her.
Though she has little, God can multiply Ms. Alice’s blessings through the work of The Fuller Center. And in the same way, The Fuller Center wants to inspire churches to multiply our resources, helping 1,000 families across the country.
Homeowners with limited incomes can apply for a Fuller Center Greater Blessing repair to have their homes restored to simple, decent living conditions. Homeowners pay back the cost of the repairs on terms they can afford without legal obligation.
Your church has the opportunity to work on small local mission projects for those who cannot afford tasks like replacing a leaking roof, fixing broken windows or repairing hazardous kitchens or bathrooms.
Resources for getting organized, the greater blessing application process, and more are available from The Fuller Center. Sign up your church today!
How do I ask a church to sign up?
- Begin with a prayerful spirit of service
- Ask how you can assist the congregation’s mission efforts
- Share The Fuller Center story and show the 5 Loaves Campaign video
- Ask if they have elderly members, shut-ins or caregivers that may have housing needs
- Ask for prayers for The Fuller Center and to help you spread the word
- Ask them to sponsor two Greater Blessing repair projects by sending volunteers and raising funds
- Direct them to our personalized fundraising pages to share with their members so they raise money for their projects
Need more info? Contact Kirk Lyman-Barner: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Signed Churches Reporting Form.xls||97.5 KB|