2018 Program Service Accomplishments
The Fuller Center for Housing partnered with 513 families in 2018 to help them build or repair their homes. That brought the all-time total to 5,057. Among other accomplishments in 2018:
- Replaced an entire village of 66 huts and a shacks in remote Mizque, Bolivia, with safe new homes that do not allow the Chagas bug to fester and spread disease.
- Fulfilled 50-home commitment funded by the United Church of Christ to help families impacted by the Nepal earthquake.
- Marked 10th anniversary of building in Armenia, our most productive international partner.
- Saw 58 Global Builders teams travel to work in several different countries, including our first teams to work in South Africa.
- Added nine new covenant partners, including our first in New York — The Fuller Center for Housing of Greater New York City.
- Was rated for the first time by Charity Navigator in June, receiving a 4-star rating.
- Continued disaster recovery work in the Houston area for residents affected by Hurricane Harvey, added a disaster recovery operation in Puerto Rico in April and began disaster recovery in North Carolina by December. All three of these disaster recovery operations are continuing in 2019.
- Our Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure reached two milestones — passing the $2 million mark in all-time fundraising and recording its one-millionth rider mile.