(KSLA-TV) Two years ago, Asbury United Methodist Church of Bossier City, Louisiana, and the Northwest Louisiana Fuller Center for Housing teamed up to honor the memory of Katy Watkins with the Katy Build, helping a formerly homeless couple get back on their feet. A second Katy Build house was constructed last year, further honoring the memory of Watkins, who died in a 2006 car crash with her friends Emily Perdue and Molly Reed. Now, First Baptist Church of Bossier City and Simple Church have joined Bossier City UMC in this year’s Katy Build effort that also will honor Emily and Molly. Click here to view the complete report from KSLA-TV about this faithful collaboration.
- Join us
- Where we work
- Volunteer / Upcoming Builds
- U.S. Builders
- Bicycle Adventure
- 2017 Millard Fuller Legacy Build
- Start a Covenant Partner
- Global Builders
- About Us
- Global Builders
IN THE NEWS: Effort to build two more Katy Build homes draws more churches
This post was written by Chris Johnson
Chris Johnson is the Director of Communications for The Fuller Center for Housing, a multi-award-winning columnist for the Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer and author of 4 books.
3,943 FAMILIES HOUSED THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
Search our site
Get our newsletter
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution features Wittenberg students’ mission trip March 27, 2017
- Johnson State College professor: Global Builders trips life-changing for students March 24, 2017
- Make your charitable gifts go further by supporting grass-roots nonprofits March 21, 2017
- Why did we switch to Fuller Center? Groups cite grass-roots principles, local control March 20, 2017
- Fallen Tree Festival to support Fuller Center’s work in storm-ravaged Albany, Georgia March 15, 2017
- Raise the Roof Run, a 5K to support affordable housing, slated for May 10 in Las Vegas March 15, 2017
- 50 college students, 5 different communities and 1 amazing spring break March 14, 2017
- PHOTO GALLERY: Volunteers further improve school in Las Peñitas, Nicaragua March 8, 2017
Thank you for making our work possible!
Never miss a story
© 2017 The Fuller Center for Housing : The Fuller Center is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. The Fuller Center for Housing is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating poverty housing worldwide. Visit our headquarters at 701 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Americus, GA 31719 or call us at (229) 924-2900.