How Registration Works
Our trips are fun, meaningful, and exciting; we know that filling out paperwork never is. With that in mind, we have tried to keep our registration process simple and to only ask what’s really needed. Everything we collect helps us prepare for your trip, be prepared in case of an emergency, or follow-up with you afterwards.
Your registration fee generally covers in-country food, lodging, transportation and a donation to the project for materials and hiring local workers. It also includes emergency travel medical insurance. It does not include airfare, team R&R excursions, souvenirs, or any tips you may want to leave.
The Registration Process
- Sign up. Please complete the registration form through the button at the top and make a deposit if appropriate. (See below regarding the deposit policy.) The team leader should be in touch with you within two business days. If you have any questions about the age requirements please see the following: Age Guidelines
- Pay and sign. Full payment and all forms, including waivers, must be mailed in or filled out online here and are due 45 days before your trip. Late fees apply. You can view our registration, payment, and refund policies here. If you plan on setting up a fundraising page please do so right away to give yourself plenty of time to raise the funds before the 45 day deadline. The instructions for mailing a check are at the bottom of this page.
- Trip details. Upon registering, you will receive by email access to your very valuable Global Builders destination handbook. Your team leader will help get you the specific information you need to prepare for your team’s trip.
- Flights. Coordinate with your team leader before purchasing a flight. Teams should arrive together. Our travel medical insurance does not cover trip cancellation reimbursement, so consider accepting the cancellation insurance when buying your ticket.
- Preparation = safety. The places of need in the world are not always the safest, but preparation helps. Check with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to learn from the experts about staying healthy throughout your trip including important vaccinations, and work through the U.S. State Department’s Travelers Checklist to promote safe travel. As mentioned on the checklist, be aware of travel alerts and warnings from the U.S. State Department before you make the decision to travel to any location.
When to pay the $400 non-refundable deposit…
Groups – If you are part of a group (i.e. school or church) in which the sponsoring church/school/group will be paying all its fees together rather than individually, you do not need to make a personal deposit.
Individuals – Individuals joining open trips must be approved before being considered part of a trip. The team leader should be in touch with you within 2 business days after you submit your registration form. Return here and pay your non-refundable deposit after you have heard confirmation from the trip leader. The deposit is required to reserve your spot.
If you prefer to pay by check, please write your trip number on the memo line and send a check payable to:
Or, you may call us at 229-924-2900 to give us your debit or credit card information over the phone.