Are you a business owner or corporate leader who would like to encourage volunteerism from your employees but worried it may take away from their on-the-job performance? Well, good news! According to new research from the University of Georgia Terry College of Business published in the Academy of Management Journal, employee volunteering is linked to greater workplace productivity and job satisfaction. "Overwhelmingly, employees who volunteered gave more time and effort to their jobs, were more willing to help out their colleagues, talked more positively about their companies and were less likely to do detrimental things like cyberloaf or waste time on the job," said Jessica Rodell, assitant professor of management at UGA and author of the research. Click here to read the enlightening findings in full.
- Join us
- Where we work
- Volunteer / Upcoming Builds
- U.S. Builders
- Bicycle Adventure
- 2017 Millard Fuller Legacy Build
- Start a Covenant Partner
- Global Builders
- About Us
- Global Builders
New study shows workers who volunteer are better employees
This post was written by Chris Johnson
Chris Johnson is the Director of Communications for The Fuller Center for Housing, a multi-award-winning columnist for the Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer and author of 3 books.
3,934 FAMILIES HOUSED THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
Search our site
Get our newsletter
- ‘I’ve come back home,’ 91-year-old says after house she loves is refurbished February 22, 2017
- Former Habitat affiliate in Houston, Miss., sees ‘a better fit’ with Fuller Center February 20, 2017
- University of Alabama College of Arts and Sciences report features Bicycle Adventure leaders February 8, 2017
- Updated case statement now available for viewing, downloading or printing February 8, 2017
- VIDEO: The Fuller Center’s monthly update for February 2017 February 6, 2017
- VIDEO: One of the best looks at flood damage in Livingston Parish, Louisiana February 1, 2017
- Disaster Rebuilders set up shop in Louisiana, encourage volunteers to join them January 24, 2017
- New Fuller Center home in Minden, Louisiana, honors passionate supporter January 24, 2017
Thank you for making our work possible!
Never miss a story
© 2017 The Fuller Center for Housing : The Fuller Center is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. The Fuller Center for Housing is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating poverty housing worldwide. Visit our headquarters at 701 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Americus, GA 31719 or call us at (229) 924-2900.