When 86-year-old Bertha Moore learned she had been selected to partner with The Fuller Center for Housing to build a new home at September’s Millard Fuller Legacy Build in Valley, Alabama, she was thankful to be in line for a safe home to replace the problematic home where she had lived for the past 62 years. When the home was dedicated a week later and she soon moved in, she was emotional, grateful and believed this was as good as it gets. The blessings, though, have kept coming for a woman who has given so much to her community. Now, she has a home full of new furniture, courtesy of a furniture store owner, Jeff Fulghum, who also happened to be one of the volunteers who spent a week helping build her new home as one of her house captains. The LaGrange Daily News reports on Fulghum’s generous gift at the link below.
- Join us
- Where we work
- Volunteer / Upcoming Builds
- U.S. Builders
- Bicycle Adventure
- 2017 Millard Fuller Legacy Build
- Start a Covenant Partner
- Global Builders
- About Us
- Global Builders
Legacy Build homeowner partner gifted house full of new furniture
This post was written by Chris Johnson
Chris Johnson is the Director of Communications for The Fuller Center for Housing, a multi-award-winning columnist for the Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer and author of 4 books.
1 Comment on "Legacy Build homeowner partner gifted house full of new furniture"
3,937 FAMILIES HOUSED THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
Search our site
Get our newsletter
- Make your charitable gifts go further by supporting grass-roots nonprofits March 21, 2017
- Why did we switch to Fuller Center? Groups cite grass-roots principles, local control March 20, 2017
- Fallen Tree Festival to support Fuller Center’s work in storm-ravaged Albany, Georgia March 15, 2017
- Raise the Roof Run, a 5K to support affordable housing, slated for May 10 in Las Vegas March 15, 2017
- 50 college students, 5 different communities and 1 amazing spring break March 14, 2017
- PHOTO GALLERY: Volunteers further improve school in Las Peñitas, Nicaragua March 8, 2017
- College students give much-needed boost to storm recovery in Albany, Georgia March 7, 2017
- Bike Adventure leader: Global Builders trip to Haiti further enhances perspective March 7, 2017
Thank you for making our work possible!
Never miss a story
© 2017 The Fuller Center for Housing : The Fuller Center is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. The Fuller Center for Housing is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating poverty housing worldwide. Visit our headquarters at 701 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Americus, GA 31719 or call us at (229) 924-2900.