(WLKY-TV) No organization has been more effective at improving housing conditions in west Louisville, Kentucky, than The Fuller Center for Housing of Louisville. That’s why the Rev. Darrell Wilson teamed up with The Fuller Center for a new initiative in west Louisville to improve the "California" neighborhood “We decided to just take an impromptu survey of the neighborhood to see how many houses were available and within a three-block radius we found 109 vacant houses,” said Wilson, pastor at Greater New Beginnings Church. (Note: The reports states that a homeowner partner will have "rent" payments of about $424 a month. No Fuller Center homeowner partners pay rent. They will pay affordable mortgage payments with no interest charged and no profit made as they own their home, not rent.) To see WLKY’s complete report, click here.
- Join us
- Where we work
- Volunteer / Upcoming Builds
- U.S. Builders
- Bicycle Adventure
- 2017 Millard Fuller Legacy Build
- Start a Covenant Partner
- Global Builders
- About Us
- Global Builders
IN THE NEWS: Partnership with church key to housing resurgence in west Louisville
This post was written by Chris Johnson
Chris Johnson is the Director of Communications for The Fuller Center for Housing, a multi-award-winning columnist for the Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer and author of 4 books.
3,943 FAMILIES HOUSED THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
Search our site
Get our newsletter
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution features Wittenberg students’ mission trip March 27, 2017
- Johnson State College professor: Global Builders trips life-changing for students March 24, 2017
- Make your charitable gifts go further by supporting grass-roots nonprofits March 21, 2017
- Why did we switch to Fuller Center? Groups cite grass-roots principles, local control March 20, 2017
- Fallen Tree Festival to support Fuller Center’s work in storm-ravaged Albany, Georgia March 15, 2017
- Raise the Roof Run, a 5K to support affordable housing, slated for May 10 in Las Vegas March 15, 2017
- 50 college students, 5 different communities and 1 amazing spring break March 14, 2017
- PHOTO GALLERY: Volunteers further improve school in Las Peñitas, Nicaragua March 8, 2017
Thank you for making our work possible!
Never miss a story
© 2017 The Fuller Center for Housing : The Fuller Center is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. The Fuller Center for Housing is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating poverty housing worldwide. Visit our headquarters at 701 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Americus, GA 31719 or call us at (229) 924-2900.