(WLKY-TV) No organization has been more effective at improving housing conditions in west Louisville, Kentucky, than The Fuller Center for Housing of Louisville. That’s why the Rev. Darrell Wilson teamed up with The Fuller Center for a new initiative in west Louisville to improve the "California" neighborhood “We decided to just take an impromptu survey of the neighborhood to see how many houses were available and within a three-block radius we found 109 vacant houses,” said Wilson, pastor at Greater New Beginnings Church. (Note: The reports states that a homeowner partner will have "rent" payments of about $424 a month. No Fuller Center homeowner partners pay rent. They will pay affordable mortgage payments with no interest charged and no profit made as they own their home, not rent.) To see WLKY’s complete report, click here.
- Join us
- Where we work
- Volunteer / Upcoming Builds
- U.S. Builders
- Bicycle Adventure
- 2017 Millard Fuller Legacy Build
- Start a Covenant Partner
- Global Builders
- About Us
- Global Builders
IN THE NEWS: Partnership with church key to housing resurgence in west Louisville
This post was written by Chris Johnson
Chris Johnson is the Director of Communications for The Fuller Center for Housing, a multi-award-winning columnist for the Columbus (Ga.) Ledger-Enquirer and author of 3 books.
3,934 FAMILIES HOUSED THANKS TO PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
Search our site
Get our newsletter
- Former Habitat affiliate in Houston, Miss., sees ‘a better fit’ with Fuller Center February 20, 2017
- University of Alabama College of Arts and Sciences report features Bicycle Adventure leaders February 8, 2017
- Updated case statement now available for viewing, downloading or printing February 8, 2017
- VIDEO: The Fuller Center’s monthly update for February 2017 February 6, 2017
- VIDEO: One of the best looks at flood damage in Livingston Parish, Louisiana February 1, 2017
- Disaster Rebuilders set up shop in Louisiana, encourage volunteers to join them January 24, 2017
- New Fuller Center home in Minden, Louisiana, honors passionate supporter January 24, 2017
- VIDEO: Storm recovery in Albany, Georgia — how you can help January 19, 2017
Thank you for making our work possible!
Never miss a story
© 2017 The Fuller Center for Housing : The Fuller Center is a registered 501c3 non-profit organization. The Fuller Center for Housing is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry dedicated to eliminating poverty housing worldwide. Visit our headquarters at 701 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Americus, GA 31719 or call us at (229) 924-2900.