Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure
What is a Virtual Rider?
A Virtual Rider is an individual who is unable to participate in the Bicycle Adventure as a rider or volunteer, but would still like to fundraise and help raise awareness about the issue of poverty housing. This is a great option for those who are passionate about the work of the Fuller Center and want to be a part of this movement to help eliminate poverty housing, but can't take extended time away from work of family this spring or summer. Plus, it's an awesome way to make an impact and raise awareness right in your own community! This also can be a way to raise money for your local Fuller Center covenant partner because, just like the other riders, you get to choose where your donations go.
There are two ways to participate virtually:
1. You can pledge to ride a certain amount of miles between Oct 1, 2013 - August 10, 2014. You can set a fundraising amount of $1, $5, or $100 a mile or however much you want to try and raise. Then go out, get people to sponsor your ride and spread the word about what you are doing and who you are riding for. This will not only help many families in need but this will give you great motivation to get outside, ride your bike and get some exercise!
2. Or if you are not a cyclist then you can still sign up as a virtual rider to be a part of this great event and to show your support of the Fuller Center for Housing. After signing up you can choose how involved you would like to get. You can set up your own fundraising events like a bake sale, a benefit concert, or follow some of our other suggestions in the fundraising guide to help the Bike Adventure riders meet their fundraising goal.
You'll register online, just like every other rider but instead you select the Virtual Rider Option. There's no registration fee, but you'll still receive the same help with fundraising as the other riders. This includes your own personal fundraising page that you can create to tell your friends and family about your goal. You can also earn some great Fuller Center swag as you raise money!
Virtual Rider Fundraising Levels:
- $100 raised - Bike Adventure T-Shirt
- $500 raised - Building Materials for Life, 3 Vol. Set by Millard Fuller
- $1,000 raised - Bike Adventure Jersey
Click here to meet the virtual riders who have already signed up!